29 November 2007

I finished the 'Long Coat with Chevron Lace' from Fitted Knits a good couple of weeks back, but I've been holding back the surprise because I didn't want anyone to see it before the wedding, but I couldn't wait any longer. It was such a great item to knit.

Materials used 9mm circular bamboo needles (I l-o-v-e bamboo needles)
Just over 200g of Marble chunky & just over 200g black dk, so altogether it was made for the bargain price of around £9 English pounds ... BARGAIN!!

I did a few alterations of the bust (because I don't have one) other than that it was such smooth sailing :)

Fitted Knits truly is a beautiful pattern bible!

Next on the agenda was to teach myself how to crochet .. the silly thing was I had never really ever thought to learn. I suppose I never thought of it as a hugely desirable skill ... I mean I had never really seen any patterns that had taken my fancy etc ... but then I started to buy Vogue's Knit.1 which has a great mix of knitting and crochet patterns in it, all of which are either drop dread beautiful or hugely quirky ... What is obviously me in a nut shell ... yeah right!! hehe ...

Anyway so I've started crocheting a market bag for my mum to use for her weekly shop to Tesco's ... Ban the plastic bag i say!! No photos as yet but I will share soon.

And lastly here's a picture of my pride and joy in the snow we had recently :)

1 comment:

Craftydramaqueen said...

Lovin' the Long Coat. The clours are beautiful.