25 July 2006

And i'm back

It feels like weeks since my last post .. well here I am.

Good news, finished my green bolero as pictured here
- it's a little tight on the arms, but as long as nobody’s says anything, then I’m not telling!! ;)

I went to Coventry on
Saturday and bought a delicious sewing book, just getting all my patterns ready for when I receive my new sewing machine for my birthday. I'm gonna make the pinny first, just so I can look more professional when I’m baking my DB his diabetic muffins.


Next on the agenda ... jaywalkers (when will I ever finish them!?) and now my new project of a really boring but beautiful roll-neck jumper for my new job!! Pictures will follow I promise.


I also wanted to sh
are with everyone what I’m reading at the moment. I've never been a big reader, but I do love getting lost in one from time to time.
I bought this book about Lester Bangs (more info here) maybe 4 years ago or more ... anyway, since the move I found it again and am loving it!! He was simply a music appreciating genius.

Also my DB has got me ready Watchman, which is awesome. From time to time I have been known to read the odd comic book, but this goes beyond just a comic!! I met Alan Moore (more info) in a pub in Northampton a couple of years ago. Very interesting and strange individual, just
the way I like um!! ;)




Enjoy your evenings

3 comments:

nat said...

Nice bolero! It looks like it fits pretty well. I like that butterfly shirt, too. :p

Can't wait to see the socks. :-D

Sarah said...

The bolero looks great. I like the shirt too! What is Watchman?

José said...

Watchman is a graphic novel about self proclaimed 'superheros' who keep getting killed off, ish ... it's quite a complicated story line hehe :) Thanks about the comments, i love that butterfly shirt too!