09 February 2008

I relented ... Buttons it is!! Sorry Cherry, I tried both the Kilt pin and a belt, neither of which were very flatering on my frame, can't say the buttons are either really, but I like them a lot better now.

Even got all dresed up in the Cardi and went out to see Laura Veirs play in Oxford last night. She was great, very funny and seems to have a quilting fetish .. so she's all good in my book!!

Plus I have new "old" boots .. I know it's not a craft thing, but I need to show them off, sorry people!!


I bought them from America, and I beleive their around the Civil War Era, they fit me like a glove, their too cool for school ladies!! ;)

I only have the edging left to do on my 1950's fitted cardigan, so expect photos soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No apology necessary - it looks lovely! How amazing - Civil War boots - made to last eh!? geddit - last - shoemakers ......
Haven't heard of Laura, but as you say, anyone who likes quilting must be alright!!!

Sarah said...

The jacket looks lovely. What a great job. It seems so long since I've caught up on blogs. I'm glad your knitting is still going well.

The boots are stunning by the way.