03 February 2008

New things to show ... So I still haven't finished the 1950's fitted cardigan, damn those small needles, but the weather made me finish some chunkyer items before the delicate 1950's spring cardigan.

As a lot of people have done already, I decided to knit Drops Design "Eskimo" Jacket

I decided not to put any buttons on it, thought I'd go for a big kilt pin, something like that ... but then I wore it and decided to knit a chunky moss stitch belt for it. More picture when thats done.

Dad needed a new scarf so I saw this excellent fast and funky pattern by Vickie Howell and thought I'd give it a go :) Unfortunatley I didn't have a big enough crohet hook, or enough yarn, so I decided to alter the pattern. Then it turned into a neck warmer instead of a scarf, which was more what my pa wanted anyway, which was great!! Bonus :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love that red - the idea of a pin or a belt is so much more fun than buttons, much as I love 'em!